JC Pink's Blog

JC Pinkerton (AKA jangeo Pinkerton) is a husband and wife team with the Templar Knight novels. JC Pinkerton has published articles, and short stories. Her work has been seen in newspapers, newsletters, magazines online, and print, and one of her short stories was published in Chicken Soup For The Nurses Soul.

Thursday, June 16, 2005

Confederates Come To Lexington!

Dear Diary,

About three weeks ago, I saw the sweetest thing. I’m just now getting time to write about it. I was in Food Lion talking with some kinsmen when two Confederate Generals walked past me. I’m use to this, since I live near an old Civil War town – Lexington, Virginia. A certain feeling surrounded me as if I had stepped back in time. A feeling I get quite often.

The next day, on my way back from Wal-Mart, I saw a group of Confederate soldiers walking north on HWY. 11. They had back packs and looked as if they were heading to a new campsite. Later, someone told me they were marching to New Market, here in Virginia. I get to see sites like this often, living near this little Civil War town (which is actually a small city now).

It does the heart good to see that people still care about their past, and take the time to actually do something about it. I’ve been to lots of re-enactments, and I admire the people who partake of such pleasures. I just had to write it down before it one day slips my mind.

I’ve lots of articles to write concerning Lexington. All I need is the time—and the health.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home